The Miracle of Your Child’s Birth…
…can create other miracles through the donation of your placenta.
- Up to 100 eye grafts from one placenta can give others the gift of sight.
- The membrane has physical properties similar to the tissue of the surface of the eye and has natural biologic reactions proven to reduce surface inflammation, scarring and pain.
- The natural healing properties from your placenta have a multitude of surgical benefits.
- Step 1 – Talk with your physician or nurse at your next visit, or contact our Donor Coordinator.
- Step 2 – Complete the brief consent and medical social questionnaire.
- Step 3 – On the day of delivery, your doctor will work with our recovery team to ensure your donation is successful.
- There are no side effects or risks associated with the donation of your placenta to either yourself or your newborn.
- Your decision to donate is private and confidential.
- Your decision to donate is purely voluntary.
- Placenta donation will not interfere with cord blood donation.